Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kiss the Cook

In addition to hosting my large parties several times a year I will invite a smaller crew over for dinner parties. I really enjoy cooking for my friends, drinking wine and chatting. I'm always on the hunt for new and exciting dishes. I'm determined not to fall into a routine and make the same dish over and over again. Most of the recipes I find come from the Internet.

Recently I have found a new source for creative culinary works. Bigoven.com
it's pretty cool. You can create a profile and collect your "favorite" or "try soon"
recipes. There is also a leftover feature. You can plug in 3 different ingredients that you have laying around and it will give you a number of recipes to try.
You can also sort by flavor, season, occasion, course or popular ingredients.

I invited the boys (chad and landon) and Laura over on Sunday for a spring dinner party. I tried three new recipes from this site. We started with Chicken Curry salad served with Stacy's Pita Chips. It had grapes, almonds and celery in the mixture. Can be served warm or cold. it was a huge hit.

The fish tacos were pretty basic. Baked the Halibut with a little butter, pepper and lime juice. The tacos were served with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, avocado, lime juice and a black bean salad. It was very yummy and super easy to make. 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice, cumin and salt.

I recommend all you cooks out there give this website a chance. I'm happy to come over and taste test anything you make. happy cooking.

1 comment:

  1. We are having a scrumptious meatloaf tonight, interested?

    ReplyDelete