Friday, January 30, 2009

movie mania

As some of you already know I'm a huge NetFlix junkie. I've been a member since 05. I average about 2 movies a week depending on how busy my schedule is. I enjoy cheesy romantic movies like "the Notebook" and "Dirty Dancing". In addition I like drama and based on true story type movies. With this being said this is the start to my movie of the month/week endorsement.

For the period piece/ based on the true story lovers this movie will hit home.

The Duchess
Keira Knightley stars as Georgiana, duchess of Devonshire, in this adaptation of Amanda Foreman's novel. Unhappily married to the duke of Devonshire (Ralph Fiennes, in a Golden Globe-nominated role), Georgiana indulges in extravagant vices and begins a scandalous affair with politician Charles Grey (Dominic Cooper). Director Saul Dibb's drama about the aristocratic 18th-century femme fatale received an Oscar nomination for Best Costume Design.


2 comments:

  1. I watched this last week too! totally good! i really enjoyed it...mom did too...

    - Driver

    ReplyDelete